Monday, September 29, 2008
**Mind you I do not read a lick of Japanese and still relatively new to crocheting...
My choppy Kanji and educated guess saw that it's to call for 18 flowers per color to put this blanket together. Sure, not a problem... I'll just make them per color. So, after days of watching TV and crocheting later... I had 4 piles of flowers. I went back to my Crochet Master (at Yarntopia). Turned out that I've been doing it all wrong. I was supposed to chain them together as I construct each flower to interconnect them seamlessly. I was so frustrated at it that I refuse to look at it until I'm done being made at them.
Then, one of my stamping friends decided to gather the group back together for an afternoon of crafting. We can do whatever, so I decided it's time to put this thing together.
Couple of ways from the den of the Crochet Master, was either I tie the corners together with yarn (i.e. just double knot) so it looks like it's suspended like it should be had I connected them in the first place. Or!!!! To make a chain in each column to link all of them together.
At first, I fought the chain idea because I really don't care to have segregated columns. But as I worked on my double knot for the corners, they started to come undone when I was trying to put the boarder together. That also frustrated me to no end... but chain it'll be.
This turned out pretty ok... not like the book but it's not bad.... will try again next time I guess.